This is a delicious recipe for Blueberry Buckle that I’ve been making for years. For the original blog post, see Summertime Favorite: Blueberry Buckle. Enjoy!
- Serves 9
- Prep: 20 min.
- Cook: 35 min.
6 Tb. (3/4 stick) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. grated orange zest
1/2 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 medium nectarines
1 Tb. fresh lemon juice
1 cup blueberries
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
4 Tb. (1/2 stick) butter, cold
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 8-in.-square baking pan.
- Beat butter in mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in sugar, then beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and orange zest and mix until blended. Stir in milk.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt; stir gently into butter mixture.
- Pare nectarines. Cut into 1/2-in.-thick slices, then cut slices crosswise into thirds. Toss nectarines with lemon juice in mixing bowl. Add blueberries and combine. Fold fruit into batter. Pour into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Mix topping ingredients with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Cut into 9 squares and serve warm.
Total calories per serving: 350
Originally published in Good Food Magazine, July 1986 (Triangle Publications)